Friday, January 11, 2013

Rixie Clip Improvements!

Back in October, I did a post about a new product on the market called Rixie Clip. (You can find my original post here ). I had bought one and wore it on everything! Not surprisingly, it started to fall apart on me. 28H is a lot to hold up! lol. For Cyber Monday, they had a buy-one-get-one deal, which I was sure to take advantage of! With four in rotation, I thought I'd get more life out of them. But I began to have the same falling apart issue.


Here is what the back of the Rixie Clip looks like.  It's basically a bra band extender with a piece of elastic wrapped around the clip portion.  It is glued in place & then reinforced with a line of sewing.

Unfortunately for me, the glue pulled apart with each wear, and then started to pull at the stitching.  So, I commented on Facebook, and got a very quick response.  They would send me a more reinforced Rixie Clip free of charge!

The one they sent out had a lot more glue on it, but still didn't hold strong enough for me.  Luckily for me, this budding company is awesome on the customer service.  Just days after sending me the new Clip, they were asking me how it was working out.  Dixie mentioned that they had found an even stronger glue, and would I mind testing it out?  I told her of course I would! 

The next version she sent me had a pink backing added on, and was glued all the way up to the clip.

Not bad, not bad.  An improvement on the one that just had the extra glue, for sure!  Days into receiving this one, Dixie sent me yet another version!  (Can you tell that I am just loving helping Rixie Clip out?!)


The extra backing here is stronger than the stuff on the pink one. It's a thicker backing.  It is not only glued all the way up to the clip, but also is double stitched- directly under the clip, and then at the end of the backing.  This, ladies, is the ONE!  I've worn it a handful of times, and it is barely showing its wear.  I am so pleased at how this is holding up!  Dixie warned me that this one was much bulkier than the original, or any other version, that I've tried.  But do you know what?  The added bulk is not noticeable at all!  I don't feel it there, and I don't see it when checking my back out in the mirror (done specifically to see if I could see added bulk- I don't usually stand around checking my back out! lol) 

Thin & Curvy had talked about the clip bunching up at the top during wear.  I've had this happen too, but have found that if I angle the clip, it helps keep it straight.  It's not a perfect fix, but works well enough.

 
Since the top part of the clip is what seems to get pulled at the most, I just have angled it back a bit and it seems to keep pretty straight when wearing it. 

They are still working on getting wider clips made.  I'm quite excited about that.  I have a few bras that will be given new life once those clips hit the shelves!  Oh, and I should mention that they have also updated their packaging that comes with the clip. They now include step-by-step photos of how to get the clip on.  Very helpful for first timers!

Keep up the good work, Rixie Clip !!!  I am loving my Rixie Clips.  My favorite bra to wear (the Freya Deco) has bands that are a tad too loose for me from the get-go, so the Rixie Clip gives me so much more wear out of my bras.  Such a fabulous idea. Dixie, you are genius!!

<3
Laura

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your support and help Laura! We can't forget to mention my amazing boyfriend Rick as well. He has been at my side, (if not in front of me at times,) and deserves equal credit. See ladies, there are still genuine guys out there that really care about us women :) So happy we finally found the one Rixie Clip, yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all of your support and help Laura!! But I have to say my boyfriend Rick is just as much to blame in the creation of Rixie Clip. Without him Rixie Clip may have never happened. We are so thankful for all of your help Laura, and your wonderful blogs as well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I just wanted to comment and say I just found your blog... after starting my own blog and giving it the same name. I feel bad for not Googling more before naming my blog! I hope you don't mind terribly if we keep the same name? I think you are awesome and I plugged you on my blog. http://bravolution.wordpress.com/ So I hope we can be buddies <3

    Also wanted to comment on this article in particular because I've been dreaming of a bra band shortener for so long. Thank you for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, fellow bravolutionist! I don't really have an answer for you... I also have a facebook group that i've been running with the same name for about 2 years now. It's a closed group for women to interact and learn about bras and fitting without feeling like they are being harassed by men's often classless comments. I started my blog to be a more public way to access the Facebook page. I also have business cards that I give women at my fitting seminars with my blog's info on it. Would I prefer to be the only Bravolution blog out there? Of course I would. I'm sure you would too. But I'm not out to force you to change your name. It's a great name, isn't it? And something that is so badly needed, too. In the end, I guess I can say that I'd prefer if you changed it, or added something else to the name to be a greater distinction between the two. I look forward to reading your blog. You are off to a great start!

      Delete
  4. Hi,

    I am interested in speaking to you about a project I am currently working on. The only contact information I was able to find was your facebook page, so I sent you a message with more information. I am just sending you a note here because the message will be found in your "other" folder on the facebook inbox since we are not facebook friends, and you may not receive a notification.

    Thank you,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete