Friday, July 13, 2012

My Guest Blogging on FullerFigureFullerBust

A while back, I'd asked friend and fellow blogger, Georgina of FullerFigureFullerBust, if I could possibly do a guest post for her on the breast reduction I'd had almost 10 years ago.  She didn't hesitate to say, "Of course!" but then I became really busy with my upcoming wedding.  While I was actually going through my decision I'd kept a really detailed notebook about it all, and since we've moved, I have not been able to find it!  So, I wrote another one and sent it off to Miss Georgina, with all the details I could remember.  Perhaps one day, I will find my original musings on the subject, but  for now:  http://fullerfigurefullerbust.com/2012/07/13/my-breast-reduction-journey-by-laura/

I know a lot of women don't like to talk about this subject.  Some women are insulted that anyone would want to get a reduction, and for that I am sorry.  It's not up to anyone else to decide these things, but the person going through it.  For me, it was more than a minor annoyance.  It was an obsession, and a lot of self hate for years and I finally decided that if I was able to change it, then I should.  And honestly, I think it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  Have my breasts grown back?  Yes.  But the reduction wasn't all for nothing.  I got my self worth back in the process. 

<3
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment